Monday, July 19, 2010

Everyday miracles - miracles every day


I was listening to All the Power you Need on a Hillsong worship CD just today. Just what I needed to hear!! Part of the song goes, "He saves, forgives and heals, takes back what the devil steals. My debt's been paid in full, and ev'ry day He does miracles!" It reminded me to check my GQ. Gratitude Quotient.

Every breath I take is a gift from Him. It's a miracle I get up every morning. All day long, what might be termed "mini-miracles" happen on a regular basis. The sound of a mourning dove cooing just as I go outside in the summer sun. An email - not a forward - arriving just when I need to know someone's in my corner. Something mentioned or explored in a daily reading. A kind person in traffic. One of my kids doing the dishes or putting his or her clothes in the hamper. An unexpected hug. A smile. A song. A sunset. A rosebush in full bloom.

All of these things, gifts from One who loves me and wants the best for me.

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment