Friday, July 30, 2010

Some days are like that


One of my favorite storybook characters is Alexander. I first heard this children's story when I was in University, and even though it's a children's book, I could identify with Alexander so much.

Here's a link to someone reading his story. 


It was written by a Canadian author, Judith Viorst.

Grown-ups have different things that classify as "having a bad day" - but the feelings are the same. The main point was that some days it seems that everything piles up ... that events conspire against us to produce a fiasco. That's normal. The moral? Some days are like that. No matter where you are, they happen; as much as you might want to run away from them, they're inescapable. But that's okay. Tomorrow is a new day.

Wise words. I remember Alexander's story when I've had "one of those days." And I am refreshed by his honesty, and by the fact that I'm not the only person who has these days; everyone has them.

Even in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment