Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Miracle

A Christmas miracle happened this week.

I found out about it this morning and it directly affected me... deeply affected me.

For quite some time there has been this one individual I know who wears perfume like ... well, like someone's going to take it away from her.  I couldn't get within 20 feet of her without getting an instant headache, brain fog, and breathing difficulties.  I had spoken to her once before about it, but she chose to stay away from me rather than stop wearing fragrance.  I believed - in my "everyone-is-out-to-get-me" mindset - that this was because she just did not care.   It shook my faith in her because she is so very kind, sweet, and caring to people in her circle of friends.  I used to be one of those people.  It shook my faith in Christians at large. 

Last Sunday we had to leave the morning church service before the sermon, because the level of fragrance was so high that there was no safe place for us to be.  In the midst of the advent season, it seems more people consider perfume to be part of the celebration.  Anyway, my hubby, angry that we had to leave yet another service for this reason, posted his frustration on a public social networking site.  One of his friends commented on his post and I responded to the comment.  Little were we aware that this friend was also a friend of the lady in question.

This morning ... I still can't fathom it ... she wasn't wearing perfume.  Just like that.  As a matter of fact, when I went to thank her for not wearing it, she proceeded to apologize to me for hurting me for so long.  I was able for the first time in years to hug this precious woman and offer her the forgiveness for which she asked me.

 I had missed this lady for so very long; there was a time when we used to get together, when we fellowshipped freely (before I got sick with MCS).  

We cried and hugged for what must have been close to 3 minutes; we talked for another 3 or more.  What a restoration!  What a miracle!


It absolutely made Christmas for me this year - best present I've received in years: love expressed in a tangible way.  I fill up all over again when I think about this.

Restoration. Forgiveness.  Love demonstrated.  Tears of joy.


2 comments:

  1. ... and humbling. When I think of all the nasty thoughts I had ... (shudder) I'm so glad that God is into restoration!!

    ReplyDelete