Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Merry Heart

"... does good like a medicine."

With that in mind, here's a snippet sent to me by a friend recently ... I just had to share it.  After all, I'm older now than I was when I started this blog entry (grin) and I'm finding that as I get older I take myself less and less seriously...


Texting Shorthand for Older Folks

We've all seen the texting shortcuts used by kids -- LOL (Laughing Out Loud), CUL8R (See You Later), etc. It's time older folks got in on the action -- yet our daily concerns are different from youngsters'.


With that, expect to start seeing these shortcuts from your older friends:

ATD - At The Doctor's

BFF - Best Friend Fell

BTW - Bring The Wheelchair

BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth

FWIW - Forgot Where I Was

GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low

GHA - Got Heartburn Again

IMHO - Is My Hearing Aid On?

LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out

OMMR - On My Massage Recliner

OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas

ROFLACGU - Rolling On Floor Laughing And Can't Get Up

and...

TTYL - Talk To You Louder


=================================

2 comments:

  1. As someone who works in geriatric I find this especially funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D
    <3 U - CUL8TR A? (Canadian texting - hee hee)

    ReplyDelete