Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's official

It's official.  I am now a published author.

The words look strange to me.  I've been writing ever since I was a teenager ... songs, poetry, journals.   I have been writing on this blog for over a year - yet - now I have not only written a book, but it is now published.

To purchase your own copy, go to:
www.smashwords.com/
The title is the same as the title of this blog; in fact, I started the book and named it, even finished the first draft, before I started this site.  

It's exciting, to be sure.  Yet there is a feeling of incredible vulnerability.  

The experiences God has brought me through have healed me, made me whole and happy, and I have been waiting to share those things with the world; you've seen some of those things on this blog and my book just gives the complete story.  

But ... there is such a feeling of being exposed in this newest step.  It's like this is my own child, borne out of a lot of pain: a vital part of me, my life, my place in the world.  And now it's out there, a struggling, squalling infant ... and the world can be a scary, dangerous, and overwhelming place at times.  

That being said - I would rather launch this new venture with you, my faithful readers, than with any stranger.  So with this in mind, I present to you the fruit of my labour and God's empowerment.  Just to to the link in the artwork above... which, I am proud and pleased to say, was done by a very dear friend of mine.  Lisa Bulman Taylor - thank you so very much.  It's been an absolute pleasure working with you.  

Deep breath.   Onward!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Judy! Congratulations on this achievement! I wish you huge amounts of success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. Time will tell where this will lead...one day at a time. :D

    ReplyDelete