Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dare to be imperfecct

Yes.  Yes, I know I spelled "imperfect" incorrectly.  There was a time when that would have driven me nuts and I would have to change it.  There was a time when I couldn't reply to an email without correcting the spelling of the person who originally emailed me.  Thankfully ... I'm learning to let go.


The fact is, I'm even admitting - once in a while - that I make mistakes.  I know that is hard to believe, but I do.  (grin)


Okay, I screw up big time.  Often.  Say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing, don't say or do enough (or anything) when I know I need to.  I'm human.

I want to thank M - a dear and faithful friend - who reminded me today that I don't have to be perfect to be worthy, that it's okay to set boundaries and do what gives me joy, and that it is okay to say no ... if saying yes makes me feel put-upon.  

She reminded me through this clip called "The Gifts of Imperfection" by sought-after motivational speaker Brené Brown that it is preferable to be uncomfortable than to be resentful.  

Watch and see what I mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment