Monday, April 23, 2012

Connecting the dots

I had an interesting, if difficult, conversation with someone lately.  It forced me to think outside the box of pat answers and platitudes to the realities of relationship: the unseen linkages between spirits (since we are spirits and we have bodies!) and the nature of the most crucial one: the vertical "plumb line" relationship to which God invites us. 

From the website:  http://post-projects.com/cube/
There were a lot of dips and twists and turns to the conversation and it was difficult for me because I had to continually fight the urge to step in and give a pat answer, to fix the person's problem and make it go away.  Yet I am beginning to understand that the questions are part of the process, and that God is creating a perfect design that looks different for each person.  Only He knows what will speak to someone.  God is so amazing that the same thing may look like different things to different people; we each have our own individual perspective.  Each of us connects the dots differently ... but ... when the solution becomes clear, there is that one "aha!" moment when something seems to appear out of thin air; we can't explain it to someone else - we have to experience it for ourselves.  And then our spirits become opened to more possibilities.  

It all boils down to trust, I guess.  Is God trustworthy?  Not only that, but do I trust Him to do what is best for me?  for those I love?  Can I trust Him enough to let go of something or someone I care about because I know that God has a plan and He knows how best to accomplish it?  

It IS a choice, just like whether to sit down in a chair or not based on whether I believe it will hold my weight and not let me fall onto the floor.  I can SAY I believe it, but when I sit down in the chair (which involves a certain degree of vulnerability and risk!) that's trust.  

That's when the dots get connected.  
Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment