Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thanks - in spite of's

This is day six of fourteen.

I am thankful and grateful for the things that remain true no matter what.  Here are some examples.

The sun is always there in spite of how many clouds or raindrops are in the way.

Time passes at the same rate whether it seems like it or not.  

God loves me - even when I don't. 

My children will forgive me if I ask them - in spite of how badly I've screwed up and done it wrong.  

My friends care about me even if they could care less about some of the stuff I consider important.  

I can always count on God to be listening whenever I call out to Him, no matter what time of day or night or how unimportant the subject matter might seem.  I'm so thankful He doesn't need sleep.  

No matter how rotten a day I am having, I can find something - even a small thing like a green traffic light - for which to be thankful.  If I look.  

My husband loves me with all his heart, even when I drive him nuts with my messiness and other annoying little habits.  

Even though he's gone now, I will always be Daddy's little girl, and I know he is proud of me.  

As long as I am committed to being who I am without compromising, I am happier - in spite of the circumstances - than I ever was when I tried to be someone else just to please someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment