Friday, January 20, 2012

When is a Bird not a Bird?

When is a bird not a bird?

I know the standard riddle's response - when it's an egg.  Um, well - I didn't intend my post title to be a trick question.  Not in this context, anyway.  The answer I was looking for is, "Never."  In other words, it can't change itself from being a bird to being something else.

It is what it is.  That's something that someone named "Owl" forgot once, in the Hundred Acre Wood.  See, his friends found some feathers near his tree, and ... well ... why don't you see for yourself?  The video is less than 11 minutes long.
 




So much trouble comes from believing other people's opinions of who we are and what we should do.  (There's that word again: should.  Grrrrr......) 

Oh, by the way, did you happen to notice my favorite scene?  it's when Eeyore comes back from staying with Owl to try to cheer him up.  It was so very funny to me... A. A. Milne's way of pointing out that folks have a tendency to see faults in others that are glaring in themselves.  But I digress.  

Everyone has his or her own opinion of what "normal" is, ever notice that?  How much less heartache there would be if we all allowed people to be who they are, exercise a little compassion ... and give up the well-practiced sport of jumping to conclusions!

No comments:

Post a Comment