Thursday, September 9, 2010

A New Freedom and a New Happiness

Recently I had to attend an all-day workshop with someone I really didn't want to be in a room with.

This person was someone I found hard to be around because in my experience, she used some sort of scented product that instantly gave me a headache whenever she came within 10 feet of me.

She was also one of the people I named last fall in a work-related fiasco I spoke about in an earlier post (click here to read about it.)

I knew I had to talk to her but I was dreading it. I believed her to be unreceptive to what I had to say.

At the workshop though, I noticed that she was not wearing any scented product. So at the end of the day, I saw her by herself and thought that this was the perfect opportunity to thank her. I spoke to her and said that I had been meaning to talk to her about last fall when all of that happened at work. We talked for about 10 minutes, and we each shared things the other didn't know. We were talking like friends at the end. She turned to me and said, "You know, I feel SO much better! Thank you for your courage in coming to me, I'm so glad you did!" We wished each other a great evening... she even offered to let others know the things about last fall that she had discovered during our chat - to get the word out.

I had this big silly grin all over my face as I walked to the car.


It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment