Sunday, December 23, 2012

Change is Good

Over the last few days - as I've found the time and as I've been able to stay focused - the face of "Get Unwrapped!" has been changing. Maybe you've noticed - maybe not.

You might have remarked that I use fewer photos - and that those I include are actually mine!

As I've come to understand the potentially expensive rules surrounding blogging and in particular, copyright laws, I'm revamping all my archived older posts to limit or eliminate the use of images obtained from the Internet, especially from such places as flickr and Google Images, and some of these will eventually be replaced with my own photos ... or diagrams ... or with nothing at all. Many of my "page hits" have been from people looking for photos of this or that - so I'm trying to let my traffic be more about "content" than about window dressing. 

Of course the dog had to get in on this shot. ;)

Accordingly, I've been monitoring my page hits since I started eliminating borrowed (i.e., stolen [ouch]) images - just to confirm that this is why people have been stopping by - and it appears to be so. 

It's all good. I'm okay with that. Numbers never really mattered to me anyway, and I'd rather have people be attracted to WHAT I'm saying rather than the bells and whistles I put out there. Plus, I don't want to break any laws!!

I'm constantly learning. After blogging for over 2.5 years, I feel like I'm only just starting to come into my own.  I've built a network of blogger friends, and the consistent writing has been a way for me to continue to grow as a person. 

I want to thank you, my faithful readers, for continuing to read, to "like" or "Plus One" - and to make comments here (which is what I prefer of course) or on Facebook or on Google Plus. If you haven't already done so, I encourage to make your "following" official.  

Following is easy! If you want to follow my blog ...
  1. Hover your mouse over the right margin of this page, and some gray tabs will pop out - 
  2. Slide your mouse pointer over the one that looks like three dots over an island (that's people) ... and a tab will pop out that says "Followers" - and
  3. Click on the word "Followers" on that tab, and you'll see where you can become a follower - just click on the "Join this Site" button, and fill in the blanks. 

It's that simple. 

The preceding has been a shameless plug for this blog. (hee hee)

Seriously though, as I've been going through my archives, it's been surprising how much I write about change - about growth, about healing, about honesty and vulnerability, about letting go, and about moving on - and I guess there is a "sameness" to my writing in that regard. I revisit the same topics from different angles, over and over again. I write about these things because I need to write about them... they're part of who I am, what I'm about. And I hope that in doing so, I might have spurred a little thought about what they mean to you as well. 

Finally, my readers, I want to wish you the happiest, holiest, huggy-est and most honest Christmas ever. I can't promise I won't write again before Christmas Day - but just in case I don't - this is me wishing you all the best memories you can possibly make with all those who are dearest to you.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment